Saturday, February 6, 2010

More Business!

I know its been a little while since I last blogged, but I have been busy. Not to mention that Jayden is a handful all in his self. He is steadily getting bigger and bigger, he is 13 pounds now! I can't believe that he is three months as well, it feels like it was just yesterday that i had him. But these days he is keeping me busy. He always wants my attention and wants me to hold him so I have to try juggle my time between baking and him. 

I will be posting lots of pictures that I have taken of cakes and cupcakes I have made in the past two weeks. More will be coming next week due to Valentine's Day.  I finished my first cake decorating class and it was all about the basics. Most of which I knew about already but there was some new tips that I learned which has been a great help. I start my second class this Tuesday and I will be learning more about borders and flowers which I what I am lacking right now. Once I get that down I will be able to offer more decorating techniques to my customers. There are two more classes after this one and by the time I am done, I will have learned so much! My website is finally done and it looks great! I have gotten traffic already, as a matter of fact the cake that I completed today was from a customer who saw my site and called me. 

On more a business front. I have finally registered my business with the government so it is official now! I am still working out the whole commercial kitchen thing because going to Lancaster a couple of times a week with Jayden will get old fast. Also having to transport stuff to and from and then bring everything back to be shipped will be alot. I am also working on marketing and my business plan because at some point I want to be able to get the funding for a real "location" preferably downtown York since it gets so much traffic. I think I am going to contact some local churches (they have commercial kitchens) and see if I can rent or provide goodies in exchange for the use of their kitchen. This month so far has been really good in terms of orders and I pray that as I continue that I will start to get more local orders. Enough of that stuff.. time for pictures! 

 
I made this cake today. It is a 2 tiered cake. The top tier is lemon and the bottom tier is vanilla bean both tiers have vanilla bean cream cheese filling. Yum! This is a local order and I was so happy to do this cake because the customer went on my site and saw another circle birthday cake that I did. I also made matching cupcakes. See below.


These little beauties are lemon cupcakes with vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. The fondant discs on top are the same color as the birthday cake. 


One of my husband's co-workers ordered a cake that I had made for them. It is brownie cake with chocolate buttercream, chocolate cookie wafers and chocolate shavings on top. 


My godfather ordered cupcakes for his Superbowl party tomorrow. So they are vanilla bean and dark chocolate cupcakes with vanilla bean buttercream. The buttercream is dyed gold and blue for the Saints and Colts. Topped with little candy footballs.


  
These two are for a customer for her birthday. She wanted red velvet cupcakes with pink and green tinted cream cheese frosting. I think they came out quite cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment