Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Dad's Birthday :)

Hi Ya'll!
I should have posted this sooner, but time got away from me so I am posting. Last Friday was my dad's 58th birthday! My step-mother asked me to make a cake for dad's birthday because he likes cake..scratch that he LOVES cake. It took me a minute to figure out the design on the cake because unlike most people, my father is really simple person. He wears almost the same thing every day (jeans and a black t-shirt) which I call his uniform lol. He used to do construction before he hurt his back, so I guess it was just easier to throw on jean and t-shirt than mess up nice clothes. Why black?? I have no idea but he has like 20 black t-shirts. So because he is so plain and simple, I knew he wouldn't like an over the top cake like most people would so I had to really sit down and think. Then it hit me why not to a cake with tools on it since he loves to build so much. My step mom gave me the flavor, chocolate mint cake so that was already taken care of. Thank goodness too because I would have completely lost as to the flavor since I offer so many.

So this is what I came up with....
I made the cake red and black (since I know he likes black), the colors together. I then had to figure out what tools to put on the cake since as a contractor, he has worked with all kinds of tools. I decided in then end to keep it simple, a hammer, flat head screwdrivers, a pair of pliers and a ruler; things almost every contractor would have in his toolbox. I was busy with other cakes, so my step mom came and picked it up for me. She texted me later to let me know how much he loved it. I was so happy cause you never know with my father either he likes it or he doesn't. So I am glad he liked it.

I'm trying to keep my posts short and sweet. So there will be more posts during the week but they will be shorter only one or 2 cakes per post. Next post will be about my newest baking find!



Peace & Blessings,
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment