Monday, January 4, 2010

Not Enough Hours in the Day

http://kimakonfections.com/photos.htmlOkay. I have come to realize that when you have a child, there are enough hours in the day to do everything you need to get done. Like now, I am blogging at 12:30am because Jayden is finally sleep. And once again he is sleeping on my chest...sigh. So yeah not enough hours in the day, I needed to get my mid-term done today for class but guess what it didn't get finished because Jayden decides he wants to be extra fussy today and my husband slept most of the day because he works overnight on the weekends. So I have to try and finish it tomorrow though it will be late. I also had a cake to do today for a client, only the baking part got done today. The rest will have to be done in the morning because Jayden didn't want to sleep at his normal time, he wanted to stay up with mommy. I have to get a handle on this kid's schedule because if I am ever to do this full time, I need him to be on the same page as me. The one good thing today was that there was some batter left over so of course I made some mini cupcakes! I just love making cupcakes. These were Yellow cake mini cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Frosting. The buttercream came out great, it was a new recipe that I tried with real vanilla beans. It looked like smooth ice cream when I was done. So exciting! 

Yellow Cake Mini Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream topped with a slice of Strawberry & Banana

I have also been working on my website because I know as a home based baker, most of my business will be through word of mouth or my site. So I am constantly updating it and adding pictures to it as well. I have enlisted the help of a web designer since I don't know anything about web designing and my husband doesn't have enough time in the day to get his stuff done let alone doing my web page. So the finishing touches will be going on the site and it will be up and running real soon. Also I will have decided to add some other types of things to my business. I will be posting pics of my candy bar and dessert bar designs as I come up with them. I think that is a great way to branch out into the event planning area. People love to work with people who are multi-talented and I want to be able to do a lot for my clients so they don't have to go out and find other vendors. As far as the business side of things, I have decided to send my business card to some local vendors like florists and bridal boutiques. They refer brides to other vendors all the time. I think I am also going to look into doing some bridal shows which I know can be a gold mine and a great way to pick up potential clients. I will be posting some more pictures of wedding cakes as well, I am going to be making some dummy cakes for display purposes in my house. Well that's it for now... more to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment