Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bridal Shower, Baby Shower and the Littlest Member of the Lamour Family

So once again I know I haven't blogged in a while but so much is going on that along with Jayden it is hard to have a minute to myself to get my thoughts together to blog. So my little Jayden (my little chicken nugget which is what I have been calling him since he has gained some weight:) is now 5 months! He went to the doctor this week and he is almost 16 pounds (the main reason for the chicken nugget name) and 25 inches long. I can't believe that he is that old already. It still feels like I just had him and now here he is vastly approaching 6 months. He even rolled over on his own yesterday! I tried to get him to do it again, but Jayden is Jayden and refused to do so just looked at me and laughed. He is more active now and is up more hours of the day which has caused me to start rearranging my schedule to get things done. Now I have to get up before him or do things when he sleeps because all he wants to do is play. This had definitely caused some serious lack of sleep some days. But I wouldn't change it for the world, because he is my baby and I love him the way he is. I know I will be looking back on these days when he is in school wondering where the time went.

This past weekend Jayden and I made out first trip to New Jersey with my hubby and it was interesting to say the least. I now realize that Jayden does not do well around large groups of strangers. One of my closest friends had her bridal shower on Saturday and I brought Jayden along since my hubby had to work. He was fine on Friday when I stayed at another close friend's house but when we got the hall, Jayden became very clingy and only wanted Mommy. When the shower started he was even worse. He didn't want to go to sleep which after being up for so long he became overly tired and finally conked out. I felt bad for my little man:( He did a little better at the baby shower for my bother's girlfriend (they are expecting their second child together). He had my two cousins to play with but once again he wanted to stay up to see what was going on and eventually passed out again and slept just about the whole ride home (almost three hours!). Now he is back to his regular self; making noise and laughing at everything.

So back to the bridal shower, which came out great! My friend has a great time and she was truly surprised which made me happy because when you are planning something ( or in my case in on the secret) you get upset when they find out what you are planning. The theme fit her perfectly and it was very girlie. As my contribution to the shower, I did a dessert buffet along with a two tier high heeled shoe themed cake. The cake came out really cute, very simple design but reinforced the theme perfectly. The dessert buffet was styled with pink and black linens, strings of pearls and yummy desserts. Pictures will be in another post since we lost the usb cord for our digital camera and am waiting for another one to be shipped. I got lots of compliments on the desserts which make me happy any time people enjoy my creations. The baby shower was the next day in North Jersey so once again Jayden and I had a road trip (not that long since we were already in New Jersey). The shower was at a family member's house of the girlfriend and we coordinated on the agenda for the shower. I picked out the color scheme (brown and blue) which I absolutely love and is so in right now. I also made vanilla bean cupcakes with personalized cupcake picks with her name and her due date on them. I also made edible favors; chocolate baby carriage lollipops and chocolate covered pretzels which my cousins help me put together since Jayden wouldn't let me put him down. My brother and his girlfriend had good time and thats all that really matters. Now is just a matter of waiting for the baby's arrival!

In business news.... the two cakes (the shamrock 1st birthday cake and the 3 tiered camouflage cake) was very successful. I have no pictures unfortunately because my hubby ( my ad-hoc delivery man lol) forgot to take some thinking that I already took pictures before I left for New Jersey. Both of my customers loved their cakes and said they would recommend me! Orders have been light this week, just one, I delivered 4 dozen cupcakes (red velvet, triple vanilla, chocolate raspberry and america's oreo) to a travel agency. No pictures are available because I will be slowly taking pictures of my cupcakes to post on my website so I will be making samples really soon. I am also madly getting ready for a cake tasting/design consultation this weekend for a big birthday party my client is having in August. I also getting ready for the bridal show I am taking part in next month. I also my sister in law's birthday cake coming up in April as well. So I have a lot of designing to do over the next couple of days. I have to realize that clients know they want a cake or cupcakes and even know the flavor the what and the color, but when it comes to design they are pretty much clueless in most cases. I mean I get to be creative but before getting into this business I though that people went in knowing what they wanted.

I will be posting again soon because I have some great news... my first GIVE AWAY in conjunction with the bridal shower give away I am doing next month. Also I have some great promos coming your way for April and May ( I will give you one clue one of them has to do with candy bars!). God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment