Friday, April 16, 2010

Lots of Updates!

Once again I have fallen behind on my blogging :( It seems when I start to get into the groove I get busy and then I forget to blog. The main reason for my lag in blogging a little guy name Jayden. He has finally learned how to roll over so now I have to watch him whenever I place him down because he will just roll. I used to be able to place him on the couch do a couple of things while checking on him, now I can't do that anymore or the little man will end up on the floor. Bad for mommy and baby. He is also trying to slide around but mostly in a circle. He went from being non-mobile to the beginning stages of crawling like over night! He is also more vocal now, especially in his dislikes (i.e. when Mommy leaves the room)so I have been trying to find ways to keep him entertained while trying to clean the house, conducting business and baking cakes. But the big news is that he is finally sleeping on his own! Yah! Yah! And he is sleeping mostly through the night too! So it won't be long before he is sleeping all the way through the night.

On to the cakes:) So I have lots of pictures today since I haven't been blogging. I will post them below. So I finally have the picture of the shamrock 1st birthday cake. And I have a picture of the cute little munchkin it was for. She really loved her cake. I also have the picture of the little cake I did for my hubby's friend. Also in March I have pictures of the dessert buffet I did for my friend's bridal shower. Other pictures include cupcakes for my site. I am constantly making updates and revisions to my website as my business changes and I come up with better ideas to promote my business and to bring in more clients. So I have decided to start a new gourmet cake line for the more adventurous customer who likes exciting flavors combinations. In conjunction with the new line I am also running a cake giveaway for a 6" cake for the person who comes up with the most unique cake flavor combination. The giveaway ends on the 24th and the winner will be announced on the 25th. I am getting more and more local calls which is great and I think the bridal show that I am participating in this Sunday will bring in more customers. I have so much in my head that I will be blogging over the next couple of days to get it all out. So tomorrow I will be discussing my participating in the bridal show and what I plan on doing since this will be my first one. Today is all about my past cakes and cupcakes orders. I recently did a cupcake tree for a 7 year old birthday. The theme was hearts with lots of bright colors. So I made the cupcake tower, cupcakes and cupcake topper in the theme the client requested. The other big cake I got to do was for my sister in law. She turned 16 and we (hubby and I ) decided to surprise her with a big cake. I liked doing this because I had free range to do what I wanted to do so I made it square and round with zebra print and circles on it. She absolutely loved it and was soo surprised! I also made Oreo Truffles for one of my hubby's co-workers. Below are the pictures of the cakes/cupcakes. Enjoy!
Little Jayda enjoying her birthday cake.
 Shamrock 1st Birthday Cake
Dessert Buffet for Bridal Shower

Oreo Truffles


Heart Themed Cupcake Tower- 6" Strawberry Cake, Inside Outside Peanut Butter, Triple Vanilla & Red Velvet Cupcakes 
Sweet 16 Birthday Cake- Top tier Dark Chocolate and Vanilla Bean with Vanilla Bean Buttercream, Middle Tier Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter with Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling, Bottom Tier White Chocolate Pound Cake with White Chocolate Truffle Filling and Chocolate Chips
America's Oreo- Chocolate Cake with Oreo Buttercream 
Triple Vanilla- Vanilla Bean Cake with Vanilla Bean Buttercream and Golden Oreos
Inside Outside Peanut Butter Cupcake- Peanut Butter cake with Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream topped with a Reese Chunk

Carrot Cupcake- Carrot cake with White Chocolate Truffle Buttercream 
Red Velvet Cupcake- Red Velvet cake with White Chocolate Truffle Buttercream







No comments:

Post a Comment