Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another Wedding & IPOD cake

Hi,
So this entry is going to be pretty short since I posted the majority of my projects for this week yesterday. I had 2 orders for today. One was an IPOD birthday cake for my pastor's son. The other is a cake and cupcakes for a wedding. The wedding cake and cupcakes were made with the reception luau theme in mind. The bride wanted flowers on each cupcake and butterflies on the cake.
Floral Wedding Cake/Cupcake Tower- 2 tier red velvet cake with cream cheese buttercream. Cupcakes are vanilla dusted with cocoa powder, triple chocolate fudge and lemon with key lime cream cheese buttercream. Various colored royal icing flowers sit on top each cupcake. Cake has wired butterflies and gumpaste flowers on top (orchid, lily, calla lily and jasmine). I made the cupcake tower as well. That was a big learning lesson and now the hubby and I know what to do differently.

IPOD Cake- Vanilla bean cake with White Chocolate buttercream filling. This cake was alot of fun to make. 

I was be posting Saturday night from New Jersey! Yeah! We will be picking up my sister in law for a couple of days before she starts school and visiting my god-daughter because she will be in another pageant! So I will have more pictures of 2 birthday cakes and my first event that I have planned (birthday party) plus cake and high heel cookie favors. I am sooo excited.
Peace & Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment