Saturday, November 5, 2011

Big Changes!

Hi Everyone,
Lots of things have happened since my last post. The reason why I haven't been blogging lately is because I am back home now. Yep I have left my shop :( so I am back to decorating from home. Great thing is, is that last year when I moved into the shop we also moved into a house so much more room to do my decorating. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but you learn as you go along in this business and I realized that sometimes brick and mortar isn't always good for a business. I was quite successful as a home baker before I moved into the shop, so I think for now I think being a home based decorator works for me. There is so much that goes into running and maintaining a cake shop. I was doing most of it myself! Yep I said it...myself.. Me, Myself and I. Looking back I don't know how I did it most days. I love the free time I have now to work on my cakes and cupcake toppers. I also my son home with me, so I get to spend more time with him:)

So because I moved, so things with my business is going to change. One big one is that after January 1, 2012 I won't be taking on big cake orders for the next six months. I am doing this in order to focus more on my house and getting things in order with the business so I can figure out my next move for the business. It will also give me more time to be with my family. My son is getting big so fast and I don't want to miss it because I am working 12 to 14 hour days in a shop. I will still be taking on wedding clients through out 2012 and smaller cake orders as well as cupcakes and cake pops (which have become very popular).

Second, my Etsy store has taken off quicker than I expected! I have only  been on the site for a few months and it has gained some popularity which makes me happy. So because of that, I will be focusing more on my Etsy shop to increase the number products that I offer on there. Right now I am working on Christmas toppers and a few things for Thanksgiving. After that, I will be working on some more character cake toppers and some other things. You can also purchase cake pops and cupcake kits through Etsy as well:) 

Also if you haven't checked out my website www.kimakonfections.com please do so.. it has been completely revamped! I hope you all like the new layout. I wanted to make it more user friendly and I think that has been achieved.

Today marks another special milestone in my life.. today is my son's 2nd birthday! My little man Jayden Makai Lamour came into world and has been going non stop since then. LOL. Next week I am throwing him an Angry Bird theme birthday party. So I will be posting lots of pictures. This is the first time I will hosting a party at the new house and it will be great! So that's all for now. I will be posting pictures of cakes I have done over the last couple of weeks as well as some cupcake/cake toppers that are now available.

Peace & Blessings,
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment