Friday, November 25, 2011

Traveling & Gambling Retirement Cake

Hi Everyone!


On this Black Friday I hope everyone got all of their shopping done. I for one decided not to do Black Friday this year for a couple of reasons, the main one though is because this year I decided to host Thanksgiving at my house. Yep! I was soo proud, but very tired by the end of the night. I made turkey with all of the fixings and a cake, 2 pies, cheesecake and cookies. Pictures of the desserts will be posted tomorrow but I want to show you all this really cute retirement cake I did on Wednesday for a client who requested a cake for a woman who was retiring. The woman loved to travel and gamble so I had to include both of those themes on the cake. My client sent me a picture of a cake she came across on the website of a cake she liked. I took the photo and of course changed it so it reflected more of my style and the woman who the cake was for. In all I really love the way the couch came out and the way I got the female figure to sit cross leg on the couch. I did learn that trying to put slippers on a figure is harder than I thought it was going to be and almost broke a foot off. LOL. So I know what not to do next time. Enjoy!

The cake was Red Velvet with Vanilla Bean Buttercream Filling. All of the items on the cake as well as the figure and couch was made from fondant. 

Peace & Blessings,
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment