Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Who said websites don't pay off...

So.. my website has definitely earned the price that I had to pay to get it done. So this week has been a great week for me! I have gotten not one, not two, but three local calls this week for orders.. even though they were are last minute they still were local. My biggest concern in starting my business was that it would take forever for me to get some local business and that most of my business would be internet based, but I have been pleasantly surprised. One call was for a granddaughter wanting a cake her for grandmother's 80th birthday. This is order I had to make the same day, but it was only a 6" cake so I told her yeah. My hubby was even so nice as to deliver it for me. The second call was for a sympathy basket... although I don't have sympathy baskets on my site, but hey... for a family who lost a loved one. The woman who wanted to order the basket was so nice and funny, I just couldn't tell her no. So tomorrow I will be delivering a sympathy basket at 12 noon. And the last call is one that I most excited about, a woman wanted a candy buffet for a sister's baby shower in York. Now I normally tell people that the minimum for a candy buffet is 40 people, but I made an exception in this case because the woman was calling from Georgia and she needed something that could be favors as well. She was running out of time and didn't see anything local until she came upon my site :) So of course I told her I would do it since it was in York and I don't have to drive far. The color scheme is pink, chocolate brown and white because the mother to be is having a girl. So pictures will be coming of my set up. This is my second candy buffet order (the other one is in May). I also got a call today for another cake tasting for a wedding in May.. can you say GOD is GOOD! So they are scheduled to come on Sunday ( yes, I said sunday) because they are doing everything last minute.. I'm talking haven't decided on anything yet not even a caterer... so I told them I wasn't free until next week but she really wanted to come in earlier and I know they would love the cake flavors I offer so I told her Sunday please the chance to do another wedding cake is just tooo much to pass on. I also have a cake tasting for a birthday party on Saturday and a delivery for a Princess Tiana cake. This cake will be all buttercream so this is different for me because most of my cakes are covered in fondant. But I know it will come out nice.. A friend of mine also wants a quote for a cake as well so I will be working on that tomorrow. I am getting busier and therefore am tired between baking, decorating and Jayden but I wouldn't have it any other way. When there are thousands upon thousands of people not working, I am blessed to have a talent that I can make money off of.

No comments:

Post a Comment