Sunday, June 6, 2010

Second Wedding Cake Order... plus new Equipment!!!

So I delivered my second wedding cake today. I loved the way it came out! My client Hong wanted a cherry blossom wedding cake because they were having a pink and white wedding. Him and his fiance are Asian and wanted something to reflect the heritage. So I made them a 4 tier round wedding cake in white fondant with pink/white cherry blossoms. The branches are brown colored vanilla buttercream.


I was also recently blessed with the money to bought some much needed equipment to expand my business so now I can do edible images and more complicated scroll work. I was able to get a Agbay cake leveler (which is a godsend because I get my cakes perfectly level now), Cricut Cake, Food Color printer ink and dedicated printer and a KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer! Now I would have given my left arm for the mixer itself, it makes baker so much quicker and easier. So you can imagine I was doing the happy dance all around the house when I was able to get everything else... it is Christmas in June for me!
 My beloved new mixer and its purple!!

So look forward to more cakes coming soon. I will be doing my family cake for my cousin Gensis's first birthday. It is going to be a candy themed cake (so much fun). Until then... Peace & Blessings