Thursday, June 3, 2010

First Wedding Order Done!

Last weekend I had my first wedding to cater and it came out beautifully (with the help of the hubby)! The couple I had the pleasure of catering a dessert table for Jessica & Steven wanted a yellow and green nature themed table along with wedding cake. The cake was 3 tiers carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The cake was covered in green fondant with yellow cherry blossoms. They wanted simple yet elegant and I think I achieved that look.
The dessert buffet was for 200 guests so I made a combination of brownies, cupcakes, cookie truffles and cake pops. The brownies were plain chocolate with a hint of vanilla and cinnamon which is my signature brownie. The cupcakes were cinnamon bun with cinnamon cream cheese filling and vanilla buttercream, lemon with lemon-lime buttercream, strawberry with lemon-lime buttercream, carrot with vanilla bean cream cheese buttercream, red velvet with vanilla bean cream cheese buttercream and chocolate chip with chocolate buttercream. The cookie truffles were chocolate oreo and golden oreo truffles. And the cake pops were strawberry, banana/chocolate, and white chocolate. Yummy!!!
 I will be blogging again on Saturday after the delivery of yet another wedding cake! Vanilla and raspberry cherry blossom... Until then peace and blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment