Monday, January 10, 2011

Cakes & Cupcakes Part 1

Good Evening All!
So this post will be short because I am very tired about painting my living room and getting caught up on washing clothes, cooking dinner and some other things today since the shop is closed on Mondays.  So I am going to be posting some up to date pictures first and then go back over the next week or so. I am also trying to get together website changes and planning events for the shop. So as you can see my plate is very full! So before I fall asleep...on to the cakes!
 Ladybugs & Daisies Birthday Cake- Chocolate cake with Oreo Buttercream filling. Fondant ladybugs, daisies and royal icing butterflies. Order for a little girl turning 5 who loves her ladybug pillow pet and the color purple.
Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes- Every week I try to bake up at least 2 gourmet flavors for the shop. Well this one going to be a flavor this week. I made these for a friend's son birthday party. Cinnamon roll flavored cake with maple buttercream and topped with crushed pecans and cinnamon sugar.

Lime green, black and white Baby Shower cake- Berry Overload cake done in buttercream basketweave technique. All of the baby items are made from fondant. 
This cake and the next one were made for a client in Baltimore, MD that drove down to pick them up. His wife was having a baby shower and it was her birthday. He said that she loves Gucci so I made her a Gucci purse and a Gucci diaper bag. I took some liberties with the design but I love the way they both came out. and since I don't get that many 3-D cake orders I jump at the chance to do them. Cake is Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Buttercream. All pieces are made from fondant. 




Gucci Diaper Bag Cake- Chocolate cake with Oreo Buttercream. White and pink fondant details. 
Hot Wheels Sheet Cake- Half vanilla with oreo buttercream and half strawberry with vanilla buttercream. 



S'mores Cupcakes- Chocolate cake with Vanilla Buttercream. Cake has graham cracker bits baked at the bottom. More graham cracker bits, chocolate chunk, and mini marshmallows. 


Neapolitan Cupcakes- Half chocolate and half vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream and pink sprinkles. 

Pink & White Flower Cake- So I made this cake for a friend of min and my hubby's co-worker. She is very sweet and watches Jayden from time to time so I thought it would be nice to make her a cake for her birthday. Chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream. Flower is all marshmallow fondant.

So that is it for now.. but I promise I will be posting again probably tomorrow about more cakes and some of my announcements. But until then...
Peace & Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment