Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PRIMP Anniversary Cake

Good Evening Ya'll!
I hope you guys have been having a good week so far..mine has been up and down but I am still blessed nonetheless so I will keep on moving :) So in my attempt to work backwards with the cake orders, this cake was done about 2 weeks ago. The cake was for the owner of PRIMP Agency here in York,PA. PRIMP Agency is an agency that is full service from putting together photo shoots to hair/make up. They do it all! So I asked the owner if she wanted a cake at her anniversary party in Baltimore, MD and of course she said yes! And on top of that she gave me free reign to do whatever I wanted to do as long as it stayed in the realm of fashion. So I was over the moon! I don't get to do that many fashion cakes, so I jumped at the chance to do something different. The cakes were white chocolate and vanilla bean. I also covered the cake in chocolate ganache which I am learning it works great with fondant and provide a super smooth surface (if you do it right) to work with. I wanted the cake to be fun with a slight sophistication to it so I made the color scheme gray, pink, yellow and some white. Ya'll know that I am in love with the pink/gray and white/gray combo so I used it all in this cake. I also added in some zebra print for some fun.

So as you can see I had way to much fun with this cake. I also hand molded all of the toppers. I love the way the dress form and dress came out. That was my first time doing something like that and I think I will do it again maybe even trying make a cake like that. I love the shoe and will be working on some more shoes to sell. Here is a close up of the top.

Also you will notice some feathers..yes a first for me and I will most definitely use them again on a cake. I want to do a wedding display cake with some feathers on it. I also used my new alphabet letters on this cake as well. And of course I added in one of my fantasy flowers in hot pink.

So that's it for now and another post is coming soon..
Until then
Peace & blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment