Thursday, December 22, 2011

Candyland

Good Morning Ya'll!

 This past weekend I had a very busy weekend for me in that I had a cake due on Saturday and then a big cake order due on Sunday. Next post I will talk about the cake on Saturday, but this post about the Candyland theme cake I made for Sunday afternoon. The cakes itself was not the problem, but rather the amount of detail that was on the cakes that was the problem. I can easily say this is the most detailed cake I have done in a long time. I had to make each of the lollipops, gumdrops, peppermint sticks, candy canes, suckers, etc on this cake by hand. So I started making them the night before and woke up early Sunday morning to continue making all of the items for the cake. I worked on these cakes up until 3pm and the delivery was scheduled for 4:30pm in Lancaster, PA. And on top of that I had to take a quick shower and get dress. So I was definitely running around the house like a mad woman. I have LEARNED my lesson! Start design details early on very detailed cakes.


The location of the delivery was to a place that I haven't delivered before, the Lancaster County Park in Lancaster, PA. So I typed in the address in the GPS on my phone and we were on our way. Now when we got there I was in for a surprise..this park is HUGE!!!!! I mean this park is sooo big it should be a state park or something. So I ended up being 5 minutes late for delivery because there aren't many signs in the park so the hubby and I were driving around the park trying to find direction signs to get to the right pavillion. But we got there and the client was over the moon happy! I love it when I can make a client that happy with my cakes:)
 3 tier cake- top tier is strawberry, middle is vanilla and bottom is red velvet. Customer took picture and sent it to me. For some reason I forgot to take a picture. Thank goodness my client took one.

Table set-up. A cake on the left is a 10 inch chocolate cake with stripes in coordinating colors and more lollipops shooting out the top. The cake on the right is vanilla covered in pink and decorated with fondant cupcakes. 
The place was decorated sooo cute! It had balloons that looked like lollipops and colored paper on the floor to look like the colored blocks like the game. They even had cotton hanging from the ceiling to look like clouds. Definitely one of the cutest birthday set ups I have delivered to so far. 

Peace & Blessings, 
Kima

No comments:

Post a Comment